Wednesday, June 27, 2007
In Hawaii, Suckas! - Day 6
So, today was in part a bit of a solemn morning/ afternoon. We went to visit the USS Arizona memorial at Pearl Harbor. I can't help but feel humbled and quite honestly, I don't usually like going to those types of landmarks as I just so filled with emotion that I have to bite my lips and cheeks to keep from crying. (yes, I'm a sap....but how can you not cry when you visit a memorial for our death service members).










There were letters from sailors prior to the attack and also telegram notices of certain sailor's death. Man, I really had to fight back the tears.




On a lighter note, Anthony and I attended a luau at Paradise Cove. We participated in pre-dinner events and surprisingly enough the dinner buffet was great. We were pleasantly surprised. Then some evening entertainment at which my camera died!! Bah!








 
posted by Anthony and Kristi at 3:49 AM | Permalink |


0 Comments: